Friday, March 11, 2011

The Music Of Today


The music you hear on the radio nowadays is duplicated acts that were hot in the 90's. These old acts are being reused for the new generation of kids who don't remember these great Music artists due to being young. No one is teaching the new generation about the great music from years ago, Rap, Soul, R&B, Rock etc. Rick Ross is supposed to be the new biggie, Nicki Manaj is the lil Kim, Lady Gaga is the Madonna, J cole is Nas, Trey Songz is the R Kelly, Asher Roth tried to be Eminem the list goes on. Not to say I don't listen to the music of today, but at least I have a sense of music knowledge. I love music and its part of my everyday life. It really bothers me to hear Rick Ross do his signature grunt in songs, when its clear he stole it from the great Notorious B.I.G. It's ashame that P. Diddy is allowing him to do so, I guess anything goes when money is involved. You have the right to listen to  any music you want, but do some research and build your music knowledge. You will see who influenced whom and appreciate music more. I love listening to music from the past as well as present. I also like learning about the artist musical history, and life experiences. Music has no language its universal.

1 comment: