Sunday, August 14, 2011

Interview with Comedian/Actor/Writer Joel James


Meet the funny and a good comedy friend of mines Joel James. I had the opportunity to interview him so check it out! 


What is Comedy to you?


Comedy to me is me.. it's what and who I've always been. I never wanted to be a comedian, I didn't think being funny was a talent because it's who I am. I can do a perfect impression of my ex's Ruerto Rican mother not to put on a show and get paid it's just what i did, until at the family reunion I have 500 Puerto Ricans crowded around me laughing it's time to get paid.. Puerto Ricans are so cheap BTW lol

How Long have you been doing Comedy?


I started In theater at The Geva Theater at 16 and started doing stand up comedy when I was 19 so 8 years now wow.

Any Advice?


Be yourself don't be Kevin Hart don't be Jerry Seinfeld be you! and reach for the stars the business of comedy is bigger than just doing stand up comedy. stand up is probably my least favorite aspect of being a comedy, I love writing and Directing comedy.

Best moment in comedy?


My Best moment is a show in stand up comedy is making these group of girls cry FROM LAUGHTER literally crying I'm like WTF. my best moment in Acting and Writing and Directing would have be my short film "Blind Date Bliss" (GTKM) it was my first time in the film world and I think I did a really good job.


MAKE SURE TO CHECK OUT JOELJAMES.NET, FOLLOW HIM ON TWITTER @JoelJamesComedy , AND HIS HILARIOUS SHORT FILM DEBUT "BLIND DATE BLISS"



No comments:

Post a Comment